top of page
  • Writer's pictureDeCiccio & Johnson

Can I settle my Federal Workers’ Compensation case?

Updated: Feb 22, 2023

There are no settlements in federal workers’ compensation (OWCP).

There are only two ways to collect compensation (money) benefits for your workers’ compensation injury.

First, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your accepted condition if the medical evidence supports it. Second, after you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) for your accepted condition, you may be eligible for a schedule award based on an impairment rating for an extremity or body part recognized by the Federal Workers’ Compensation Act.

In qualifying for compensation or a schedule award, medical evidence does not include pain because pain is considered a symptom, not a condition.

The “schedule” part of the award is calculated on a set number of weeks to the impairment rating under the AMA Guides which rating is assigned by a medical doctor. If you qualify, the greater the impairment rating, the larger the award.

NOTE: The above are general statements. Every case is different. Seek legal help based on the unique facts of your case.

57 views0 comments


Los comentarios se han desactivado.
bottom of page